Friday, February 28, 2014

TWO POEMS

2014

she says 'I like sourdough bread, white loaves of sourdough'

he says 'I like toast and also baseball'

he says 'sometimes I feel so lonely'

she says 'I'm lonely too'

she says 'when I was fifteen I used to masturbate in public bathrooms'

he says 'I was homeless for almost a year'

she says 'I am hungry'

he says 'I am hungry too'

he says 'I strongly disapprove of people drinking soda'

she says 'I like five different varieties of hummus, but there is one that I like the most'

he says 'when I was young I wanted to work in a pizza place so I could eat a lot of pizza'

she says 'I have never successfully gotten someone to sit on a whoopee cushion, despite having tried ~10+ times'

he says 'I am depressed'

she says 'I am depressed too'

he says 'I save old calendars because I like to look at the things I used to do'

she says 'I said I wouldn't feel like I was an adult until all of the pictures on my walls were in frames, now they are in frames but I still don't feel like an adult'

she says 'I am afraid of getting old'

he says 'I am afraid of getting old too'

he says 'I was the grim reaper for six consecutive halloweens'

she says 'I once ate twenty four donuts in one sitting'

he says 'every time I tell someone I'm an artist I feel like a fraud'

she says 'I wish had paid more attention in college'

he says 'I watch jeopardy while alone to try and convince myself that I'm intelligent'

she says 'both of my parents think I'm a failure'

he says 'I don't want to die alone'

she says 'I love you'

he says 'I love you'

he says 'you can put a whoopee cushion on my chair, if you want'

she says 'thank you'






today i got hit by a car

in the plastic bag i had a stick of old spice deodorant
a 12oz sugarless red bull
and a pack of marlboro red cigarettes

i was feeling pretty good

i started walking across the street
staring straight forward with a blank facial expression
thinking idly about what regions bears live in

when the fender pressed against me i thought
(the words appearing at once, as if appearing on a screen)
'i am getting hit by a car. i am getting hit by a car and that means i will die.'

and yet, here i am!
writing this poem!
imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment